For people throughout the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, there are times when it is necessary to retain a skilled attorney in order to fight criminal charges that may have arisen due to unfortunate circumstances, or to obtain necessary compensation after a devastating accident has led to severe harm. At Swango Law P.C., we are skilled in the areas of criminal law and personal injury and are dedicated to advocating on behalf of our clients.
DUI, Traffic Violation, and Criminal Defense
For most people, that moment when the blue lights illuminate their vehicle or pull up in front of the house produces flashes of pure fear, often leading to snap decisions. It may be tempting to deal with the issue alone, but retaining a skilled and dedicated defense attorney is one of the best decisions that a person can make. At Swango Law P.C., we are committed to providing a strong and effective defense, no matter what circumstances led to the charges.
Our areas of practice include the following:
- Criminal defense in Driving Under the Influence (DUI) cases, including:
- Developing a strong defense to counter charges of DUI;
- Contesting the validity of the DUI stop;
- Challenging breathalyzer results;
- Contesting the results of a field sobriety test; and
- Representing those who have been previously charged with DUI.
- Defending against charges arising out of driving on a suspended license;
- Challenging traffic violations, including charges of negligent or reckless driving;
- Working with out-of-state drivers to minimize the impact of Virginia traffic violations, which can be very complicated;
- Crafting a strong defense to petty theft charges; and
Defending individuals charged with drug crimes.
Personal Injury Representation
In addition to representing individuals charged with a moving violation or a criminal act, the skilled lawyers at Swango Law P.C. fight hard for the rights and interests of those who have been injured as the result of someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior. We advocate for clients in many different types of personal injury cases, including those arising out of the following:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents.
We know all-too-well the devastation that results from a serious accident, leading to short-term emergency treatment and long-term therapy and rehabilitation, lost wages and career potential, and pain and suffering. In many cases, the family of the victim also is severely impacted by the accident and resulting injuries. We strive to help our clients obtain the compensation that they deserve to adjust to a new reality caused by someone else’s negligence.
Contact Jason Swango at Swango Law P.C. Today
If you face criminal charges or have suffered a serious injury as the result of the negligent or reckless actions of another person, it is critical to getting the right legal help as soon as possible. We represent clients in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area, including Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Portsmouth, Newport News, and Suffolk. Call us today at (757) 383-9229 to schedule an initial consultation.