DUISwango Law P.C
DUI Attorney Virginia Beach
When you’ve been stopped by an officer for drunk driving, sometimes it just seems easier to talk to another guy about the situation, someone who can relate.
At Swango Law P.C., we aim to provide men with legal resources that meet them where they’re at.
Contact us for an initial consultation if you have been charged with DUI/DWI.
First Time and Repeat Drunk Driving Offenses
- For those charged with DUI/DWI for the first time, there’s a lot more at stake than you might first imagine. First-time offenders may face a $2,500 fine, revocation of license and up to one year in jail.
- A second drunk driving offense that occurs within 5 years of the first offense may carry a mandatory jail sentence, depending upon your Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) level.
- A skilled attorney may be able to help you reduce the severity of these harsh penalties and in some cases, even get your case dismissed.
- It is the job of prosecutors to prove their case against you. We examine every aspect of your DUI case, from the stop and the administration of field sobriety tests to the actual arrest.
- If proper procedure was not followed – if there was no probable cause for stopping you, if you were not informed of your rights or if the Breathalyzer test was not correctly administered – the state’s case against you becomes seriously compromised.
- We have helped minimize negative outcomes for our clients by attacking police procedure and uncovering lapses in protocol.
Taking a Proactive Approach to Serving Men Charged with DUI/DWI
- We want to provide our clients with every opportunity to turn a bad situation around. That is why we take proactive steps to enroll clients in Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) or the Alcohol Safety Action Program (ASAP).
- The courts look favorably upon those who take steps to control a potential substance abuse problem, and our clients are getting the help they need to get their lives back on track.
View our Case Results to read more about our successes.
Swango Law P.C. aims to provide a superior level of services designed to address legal matters from your perspective.
To reach our firm and schedule an initial consultation to discuss your drunk driving charge, call (757) 383-9229. Contact us today.