Here are Some Tips for Driving on Ice and SnowSwango Law P.C
In the United States, about 458 individuals were said to have lost their lives due to icy roads during the winter of 2009-2010. Different travelers hit the road to celebrate the winter holidays or were visiting relatives. In this case, if you can’t handle icy roads during winter time, then it is better to just stay home or you must make sure that you prepare yourself and your vehicle for these conditions properly.
Consider these tips and tricks below for driving on ice and snow.
- Practice your defensive driving skills, including how to handle the car during a skid.
- Check your tire pressure once a week, because cold temperature can reduce pressure in the tires.
- Consider purchasing snow tires or store a set of chains in the trunk.
- When you’re on the road, keep a safe distance from the car that’s in front of you.
- Remain calm, don’t hesitate to pull off the road and rest if the conditions become too severe for you.
- When traveling several miles, always pack a roadside kit which includes cell phone charger, water, food, blankets, de-icer, sturdy work gloves, road flares and shovel.
For great information about reckless driving lawyer virginia beach visit us now.